Protect your pool for the winter
Closing your pool for the winter is an important part of pool care. Gritz Pools offers an outstanding pool closing service that prepares your pool for the winter months and helps ensure it will be ready to open again next summer. Our winterizing service includes:
- Underground lines blown and plugged to prevent freeze damage
- Filter, pump and motor drained and drain plugs removed
- D.E. filters and cartridges opened and cleaned
- Sand filters backwashed
- Heaters turned off and drained
- Closing chemicals added
- Ladders and handrails will be removed
- Diving board removed
- Existing safety cover installed
Standard Price: $349.00
Gritz Pools complete winterization service includes the addition of 1-Algaecide, 1-Pool Plus (stain & scale preventative), 1-Phosphate Remover and 2 Gal Liquid Chlorine.
Heater and Spas
If you would like us to service your pool heater or attached spa, be sure to include those addons with your order.
Pool Closing Service Features
Gritz Pools will blow and plug all underground lines to prevent freeze damage. Your filter, pump and motor will be drained and drain plugs removed. D.E. Filters and cartridges will be opened and cleaned, sand filters will be backwashed. Heaters will be turned off and drained (if equipped). Ladders and handrails will be removed. Diving board will be removed depending on type and your preference.
Lastly , we will install your existing safety cover, which needs to be readily available.
Plus, we treat the water with the closing chemicals (chlorine, algaecide, phosphate remover, and stain and scale preventative) that your pool needs for the winter.
- Your safety cover should be readily accessible.
- Eyeballs/Jets/Plugs removed from your pool will be placed in the pump basket, unless otherwise noted by customer.
- All ladders/diving boards/handrails will be placed by pool side.
- The pool will be winterized in the condition it is found when we arrived.
- If you have leaves and debris in the pool we DO NOT clean pool before putting cover on.
- It is not recommended to lower a vinyl liner pool, it should remain full.
Concrete Pool Information
Customers are responsible to have the water at the required level. If it is not lowered and we have to drop the level there will be an additional $20.00 PER 15 MINUTES for us to drop the water level. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TILE DAMAGE OVER THE WINTER.
Book Your Service
Please customize your service options below.